Everyone has dealt with tangled hair at some point in their lives, whether it was their own hair or trying to get stubborn knots out of the hair of a loved one.
Frustrating, painful and difficult to get rid of they can strike at any time. You can get knots when your hair is too dry, or right after you step out of the shower. They can appear after swimming or working out, and they can even appear first thing in the morning through movement while sleeping.
Tangles form when the outside layer of your hair (the hair cuticle) is damaged and opens up. The exposed cuticles obstruct each other and generate knots. A hair knot is formed when two single strands of hair wrap around each other and become knotted.
One thing is for sure Tangles are no-one’s best friend. So what do you do?
Luckily, there are ways to tackle all those knots, minus the damage — here are a few of our favourite tips for tangle free hair.
1. Brush before you wash – Gently glide a wide-tooth comb or a soft-bristle brush through your hair before washing. This helps stop knots from forming when you shampoo.
2. Always condition after shampooing with your favourite DAVROE Senses Conditioner – Massage a generous amount of conditioner into your hair, paying particular attention to the ends. Use your fingers to remove any knots you encounter. If your hair is thick, coarse or tightly curled, try conditioning twice and using a leave-in treatment.
3. Dry your hair gently, pat hair dry and gently squeeze excess water out of your tresses.
4. Seal your ends – After conditioning, spread a treatment like DAVROE Ends Repair over the tips of your hair to lock in moisture. This step will also help avoid knots as it keeps your ends from twisting around themselves.
5. Put hair up before exercising – Whether you’re playing sports, swimming or just being active, help prevent tangles by loosely pulling hair into a bun, ponytail or braids. The idea is to restrict your hair’s movement to lessen the chances of matting. It helps to place your hair in buns and ponytails on different areas of your head to minimise stress.
6. Protect your hair from the wind – When the wind is blowing, it can whip your hair into a tangled mess in seconds. Wear a hat to protect your hair from the elements. You can also pull your hair back into a more protective style to keep it from blowing all over the place.
7. Care for your hair while you’re sleeping – Cotton sheets are common; your hair can catch on cotton pillowcases causing tangles while you sleep. Minimise friction while you sleep for a smooth fabric like vegan silk or polished cotton for your pillowcase.
Beautiful, smooth hair can be yours by following these easy tips. Preventing knots means you’ll spend less time on your hair and more time enjoying your favourite activities.
When it comes to tangles, taking a few easy steps can go a long way to preventing them from occurring. Many of these tips may seem obvious, but it’s nice to have something you can come back to in case you need a quick refresher!
While all the above tips are handy there is a go to solution many of our DAVROE Family has told us time and time again works.
DAVROE Tame Detangler is a superstar product when it comes to getting rid of those pesky Tangles
Davroe Tame Detangler Spray is a much loved part of our Davroe Hair Wellness treatment range.
With the DAVROE Treatment range – Curly, colour treated, dry, damaged or fine we have formulated a range of treatments to rescue your hair with treatments suitable for all hair types.
WHAT IS SO GOOD ABOUT DAVROE Tame Detangler Spray?
- It is a Lightweight, leave-in conditioning mist
- Tame Instantly detangles hair, perfect for children
- Non-greasy formula instant is absorbed into the hair
- Lemongrass controls over active oil glands on the scalp
HOW TO USE Tame Detangler Spray
Spray onto damp or dry hair and work through with your fingers or comb through, style as desired.
DAVROE Tame Detangler may be applied to dry hair for all, especially suitable for children to help remove those nasty tangles.
A lightweight conditioning mist that leaves hair manageable, luxuriously soft and silky. Tame helps smooth, detangle and will condition your hair making it easier to manage.
As with all DAVROE Products we have made sure it has been infused with Natures goodness.
This leave-in conditioning detangling spray infused with Lemongrass and Jasmine extracts is formulated to be extra-gentle.
Tame Detangler is the ultimate leave-in conditioning detangler spray.
It instantly detangles even the most unruly hair and leaves hair soft and manageable with a beautiful shine. Your hair will love you for it.
Tame Detangler is a must have in both Madison and Jordan’s kits, they use Tame to wet down the hair before any styling, Tame will be a great addition to your daily hair routine and is available in 300ml and 75ml bottles.
Check out the rest of the DAVROE Treatment range below.